Controller Services Feature for Windows is a QVS product that allows 4690 store controller applications to execute in a Windows NT or Windows 2000 environment.
QVS Controller Services Version 3 (CSF) is a Microsoft®-based solution that provides the necessary tools and subsystems to integrate the IBM 4690 store controller software as a Windows subsystem.
QVS Controller Services Version 3 replaces the discontinued IBM DDS/CSF product offering.
QVS CSF V3 PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT
Key Benefits and Features
- The 4690 CSF preserves your investment in 4690 applications, terminal hardware and terminal wiring while moving to an open platform for the back room.
- Executes your existing 4690 controller applications.
- Supports POS terminals attached via Store Loop, Token Ring or Ethernet. Terminals can be loaded or dumped, and terminal-to-controller communications are supported.
- With Microsoft's "Host Integrated Services" SNA interface, this product supports host communications via LUO and LU6.2.
- Supports dual controller capability